Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In the beginning...

I hesitate to start this because I'm not sure how to do it. I have a lot of uncertainty in my life because I'm not sure what God wants me to do. I feel alive when I learn more about Jesus Christ, and I want to pass that feeling on to as many as I can find.

I wish God would make clear to us His direction for our lives. I think about how lucky Peter and Andrew were to have the Son of God tell them in Matthew 4:19 "Come, follow me." How lucky can you get? Put down the nets and follow me. Jesus even told them what they would be doing. "I will make you fishers of men."

Now that's living! Wouldn't it be great if God would come knock on my door and say, "You are moving to Arizona, and you are going to teach an adult Bible study three nights a week and preach on Sunday mornings until you are 65." Well, on second thought...perhaps Him leaving it up to me is a greater gift than what he gave Peter and Andrew.

The best I can understand God, He is now saying to me "Justin, keep your eyes focused on my Son Jesus. Imitate Him. And keep your eyes open for how you can lead others to Him as well. Let Me worry about what is coming tomorrow. You just follow My Son today."

One of my favorite lines in the Bible is in Ephesians where Paul prays for those in Ephesus saying, "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe."

I hope to add a question segment soon. Until next time.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment